Tuesday, November 09, 2004

An Invisible Ocean

"But let me tell you this: faith comes and goes. It rises and falls like the tides of an invisible ocean.. If it is presumptuous to think that faith will stay with you forever, it is just as presumptuous to think that unbelief will. Leaving the Church is not the solution, but since you think it is, all I can suggest to you...is that if you find in yourself the least return of a desire for faith, to go back to the Church with a light heart and without the conscience-raking to which you are probably subject. Subtlety is the curse of man. It is not found in the deity."

Flannery O'Connor
The Habit of Being

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2004 at 8:39 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

Nice blog ... I like the combo of quotes, pics and insights. I especially like this quote. I've seen it before and it's oh so true. I'll be back by to see what other inspirations you have. :-)

 
At November 10, 2004 at 6:30 PM, Blogger jaymen said...

This is beautiful and very applicable to my own life. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post for a New Day