Sunday, October 31, 2004

An Answer About Me

Someone kindly asked if I am a layperson or a religious in the Catholic Church. I am a layperson, a convert who entered the Church just four years ago from Protestantism. However, it's no exaggeration to say that God led me to the Church via a monastery road.

I have been carefully nurtured by many Catholic priests and religious along my road of conversatio...here are a few.

Sister Mary, who is one of the most loving, honest and supportive souls I have ever met, who carries healing in her touch and in her words.

Father Denny, who was my spiritual director and led me through conversion to Catholicism.

Father John, who taught me about Benedictine monasticism and chant.

Father Frederic, who welcomed me as an oblate, while I was yet a Protestant.

Brother Jerome, who first taught me about lectio.

The many monks at Monastery of Christ in the Desert, who, by their hospitality and example, nurtured me in the prayer of desert solitude.

I thank and love each one, for they have helped to form my laywoman's heart to be ardent in prayer.


Post for a New Day